Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Casting your vote

The recent proliferation of election ad posters have somehow made it into my dreams – although why, I can’t imagine: the sentiments are all so seriaasly similar. “United we stand”, “Every vote counts”, “Together we can make a difference”, “Vote for change”. And while I know politicians aren’t known primarily for their good looks, the cookie-cutter cheesy grins and (in some cases) Botoxed earnestness are just so boring. One would think that with one of the most liberal and advanced Constitutions in the world, they could find it in themselves to be a little more entertaining.

On a different voting note, the SA Blog Awards are now open. I’m putting my tick next to Salmagundi’s box in the ‘Best original writing on a South African blog’ category. While I love the blog (I do! I do!), I have to admit to a little bias here: I lodge with Muriel, who is one half of Salmagundi. The other is Juno, who also has a fabulous food blog, and she’ll be getting my vote for things that make my mouth water.

Another member of Muriel’s household is the labrador/border-collie puppy Balu, the ‘Monster Baby’, who behaves with a startling lack of fear that belies the fact that she’s only been in the world for three months. I, myself, am a puppy in the blogosphere, but I’m going to do a Balu here and insist that my millions of readers click here to go to Salmagundi and cast their vote for this very worthy homegrown blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment